"Padre fundador" del movimiento anti-organismos genéticamente modificados descubre la ciencia y se arrepiente

Publicado en Apuntes Urbanos


"Padre fundador" del movimiento anti-organismos genéticamente modificados descubre la ciencia y se arrepiente (en inglés):

For the record, here and upfront, I apologise for having spent several years ripping up GM crops. I am also sorry that I helped to start the anti-GM movement back in the mid 1990s, and that I thereby assisted in demonising an important technological option which can be used to benefit the environment.

As an environmentalist, and someone who believes that everyone in this world has a right to a healthy and nutritious diet of their choosing, I could not have chosen a more counter-productive path. I now regret it completely. So I guess you’ll be wondering – what happened between 1995 and now that made me not only change my mind but come here and admit it? Well, the answer is fairly simple: I discovered science, and in the process I hope I became a better environmentalist


http://www.marklynas.org/2013/01/lecture-to-oxford-farming-conference-3-january-2013/ 

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

muy interesante info. y leer todo el discurso vale la pena, recomiendo!